This one-hour-long guided progressive relaxation meditation uses deep delta waves brain entrainment to relax and heal your mind and autonomic nervous system. (Listen at a low comfortable level using headphones)
You've probably heard of progressive muscle relaxation (PMR), even if you're unsure how to do it. After all, it does have a long history.
An American doctor named Edmund Jacobson published his first book about the concept in 1929 after noticing that physical relaxation helped his patients to feel calmer.
Since then, advocates of PMR have been using the technique to enjoy a wide range of physical and mental health benefits. If you'd like to try a simple, safe, natural relaxation method, PMR may be for you.
Benefits of PMR:
1. Relieve stress. Anxiety and stress can make your muscles stiffen, leaving you feeling tenser. PMR helps reverse the cycle because your mind calms down when your body loosens.
2. Treat insomnia. PMR can be very effective in helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Plus, unlike many medications, it has no harmful side effects.
3. Manage chronic pain. PMR has had some success with various conditions, incredibly relieving chronic pain. Other uses include lowering blood pressure and enhancing digestion.
4. Connect with your body. One of the main advantages of PMR is that it helps you to listen to your body. That means you can notice symptoms faster and respond more quickly.
Listen to this audio file as much as you want in a comfortable position, whether sitting or lying down. When listening, headphones are usually recommended to avoid distractions.
***This work is not meant to replace medical or counseling guidance from a qualified practitioner. Please get professional care if you suffer from a physical or mental disease.
WHILE LISTENING TO SLEEP MEDITATION MUSIC, BINAURAL BEATS, OR GUIDED SLEEP RELAXATIONS, DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY.
* Affiliate Disclosure: Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our website.